Saturday, June 18, 2016

Gratitude Day 42 - Challenges


I was asking myself some get real questions recently. I was beginning to feel as if I was slumped in a sort of "comfort zone", the death words of any true creative.

I sat down and asked, "what am I challenging myself with now?"

With as many things that I am doing, I didn't feel like I was taking on big enough challenges for growth. I saw how was more or less just doing lots of things and being busy, but not truly maximizing creative growth.

I was happy to have the honesty from my introspection in order to begin to add a bit more challenge to my actions because comfort was no place I wanted to stay stuck.

I can not remember if it was a video or article that I was reading (so I apologize for the lack of
reference), but I was struck with the outcomes of studies that show people are usually more motivated by negative feedback rather than positive incentives. Fear of public humiliation or having to pay out is one loses, is a powerful motivator!

As horrible as this potentially sounds, we can use it to our advantage to do great things. When we decide on something we are going to do by announcing it publicly we will have a greater rate of success.

Finding one person, or a group of people to hold you accountable can make all the difference in the world to keep you going when you want to just give up.

And maybe just this first step could be a challenge. Just to put ourselves on the line and in potentially uncomfortable situations just to reach new heights.

Yes, I am grateful for challenges that help me grow and expand on every level of who I am.






No comments:

Post a Comment