Monday, May 30, 2016

Gratitude Day 23 - Courage

I don't know if you do this too, but I argue with myself ... a lot.

Usually my arguments are around should or shouldn't things.

Like going and trying something new, going out somewhere, or over some kind of purchase.

Sometimes I sit in anticipation to see what is going to happen because I don't know which side is going to win.

Literally.

I can be an hour away from something, and I will have no clue if in an hour I will be at the said event or what the outcome will be.

I'll be honest, this is not a quality I want to admit. I'd like to think I'm more determined or certain of my course in life. But, I've come to realize I fly by the seat of my pants more often than I can count.

So, in these should or shouldn't moments where I'm up in the air about it, I stop and ask myself..."why"?

Why do I want X, Y or Z?

If the truth of the resistance turns out to be anything close to fear....then I go.

Most times my hesitation or inner argument stems from a maybe to something I really don't want or am not interested in.

But if it happens to be that I am resisting something or hesitating because of fear....then off I go!

I am grateful for the power of courage to face fears, stand up for what we believe in, and for taking chances in ourselves.

There are many things I have done that I am proud to have accomplished thanks to courage and going for it.

Here's to celebrating courage in all of us, may we act on it wisely and often.

xoxo....Becca







No comments:

Post a Comment