Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Magic Of Mineral Salts


My Go To For Health.... Healing Mineral Salts

If you are like me then you have tried all kinds of natural health products (or maybe you are just watching from the sidelines) but either way, one of the things you learn is that some things REALLY work and others don't change much of anything.  This is the number one things I share with my clients and friends and what has kept our family from getting sick anytime we felt a cold coming on.

For me and those I have shared this with.....
Salts are one of the things that REALLY work!  And they work really well. 

Here Are The Top Three Ways I Use Salts.

We have this lamp in our home and we leave it on 24/7
  1. When I feel my body getting sick or feeling run down. -----  When ever I feel like I am getting a cold or getting sick I fill the tub up with the hottest water I can handle and then pour in about 3 cups of the Himalayan Salts.  I then soak for as close to an hour as possible. (This is a great time to read or watch some Netflix or Youtube!)  One, the heat is going to help you sweat out the impurities and the salt aids in drawing them out. And two, the minerals in the salts are going to help balance and heal the body.
  2. After a big work out or physical challenge where I know my muscles are going to feel sore.----- The salts help balance the potassium levels, restore electrolytes and a multitude of other necessary trace minerals our body needs and aids in the muscles conductivity which means they will heal faster and perform better! 

    Himalayan Pink Salt has a rich mineral content that includes over 84 minerals and trace elements such as: calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron.  This salt is recognized for its beautiful pink color, high mineral content, and its therapeutic properties.  Regular consumption of Himalayan Pink Salt provides essential minerals, trace elements, balances electrolytes, supports proper nutrient absorption, eliminates toxins, balances the body’s pH, normalizes blood pressure, and increases circulation and conductivity.  It can also assist with relief from arthritis, skin rashes, psoriasis, herpes, and flu and fever symptoms.  (
    From Mountain Rose Herbs)
  3. Stress Stress Stress -----  This is just as simple as the body getting some TLC.  Hydrotherapy has a long list of health benefits and has been recorded throughout history as a medicinal therapy.  When the body gets a chance to rest while receiving the healing benefits of "taking the waters", we reduce stress levels and that means our body can click into its heal and repair mode. Something that we should make a point to allow it to do as often as possible.  

Where Do I Buy My Salts?

I've linked this picture of The Bag
I Buy. It is about $22 For 10 pounds
.
Amazon!  The area were we live now is a bit limited in options so I have found that online has been a great resource for us.  Back home on Maui it was pretty easy to pick up a variety of different mineral salt choices from the bins at the local Down To Earth.  So depending on where you live you can choose what is best for you.

In a pinch I will head down to the grocery store and just pick up some Epsom Salts if I am out of the Pink Himalayan Salt and it works well enough. Epsom Salts don't have most of the mineral content of the other salts making them a little less effective but like I said, it helps in a pinch.



*NOTE - All salts are different based on where they are harvested.  Usually when you purchase the salts they will have a list with the percentages of mineral content from being tested.




Here is an article on the Body Mind Soul Spirit blog that gives more info on Himalayan Salts  http://www.bodymindsoulspirit.com/this-is-what-happens-to-the-body-when-you-eat-pink-hi
malayan-salt/


Happy Soaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment