Friday, May 27, 2016

Gratitude Day 20 - Silver Linings

Every cloud has a silver lining ... 


This phrase has stuck with me through my life. One that makes me think of a cloud filled sky with the sun brilliantly shinning behind them... 

And me running off into the land of my daydreams.

Sure, clouds bring rain...

And the sun makes the silver lining...

And oh so much more!

Today as that phrase came to my mind, I started to think of what it would be like if we could just keep making the silver linings in our life bigger and bigger to the point that our clouds were just silver shining globes in the sky. 

I imagine that would be quite a sight. 

But then maybe it would be too bright. And so having a bit of cloud to give accent and contrast really actually creates more beauty.

And like a great metaphor, it inspired my thoughts towards day to day life. 

If everything was just perfect all the time, how would we measure perfect? Perfect would in some way just become the new normal.

The challenges in life help to create the contrast. 

It give us something to grow towards, create, make better... 

something to dream about...

I am so grateful for the silver linings in life. 

To find them everywhere, like blessing radiating and illuminating life in the most beautiful way.

Yes, I am grateful...

And I invite you to find your silver linings my friends... they truly are a sight to behold.
xoxo...Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment