Saturday, May 14, 2016

Gratitude Day 7 - Patience





Patience, I'm not always very good at it. It's hard for me to sit still for too long. Hands on learning works better for me and yes, I'm the one that jumps at the idea of travel or a road trip if I've been in one place for too long.

When we moved from Virginia to California at the end of December, I had a clear vision of our start
up plan here, a plan that included me doing massage.

Well not this time, this time the "plan" was all fine and dandy but not what reality dished on our plate.

You see, usually getting your massage licence transferred to a new state takes about 30 days but my 30 days turned into 2 months, 3 months, 4 months.....5 months!


It was this process alone that taught me so much.

I faced feelings of self doubt, fear, elation, freedom, worry and and surrender. Sometimes one at a time and sometimes all at once.

But dispute it all I kept coming back to just letting go...and I was so grateful of the patience that it showed me through this surrender of what I thought should be.

Every once in awhile I would still think about my massage license...what ever happened to that!?

And then there it was in my inbox ..."Congratulations!"


I had to laugh out loud!

Yes, patience. I am so grateful for patience and surrender. I am grateful that I allowed myself to trust and flow with the process. (not without some anxiety, ha!)


I have really stepped outside of the box now and had to face a lot of places in me. The truth is I didn't always like what I saw. But it was because of this experience that I got to shine the light on fears and insecurities that I may have never found otherwise.



And I'm sure to the universe, 1 month or 5 month....what's the difference? lol!

xoxo....Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment