Monday, May 16, 2016

Gratitude Day 9 - Pets

When I wake up in the morning I find that I have two pairs of eyes starring at me for I don't know how long. And as soon and I stir and move they jump to action with a prompt meow to let me know that they have been waiting for me forever!

Sometimes I like to think that it's me they are excited to see but I know better...it's all about the empty bowl in the kitchen.

And I smile.



We have full on conversations. And even though our fat boy Oliver is temperamental, he is also lovable and the one that will follow be all over the house and lay by me where ever I go.

I have such gratitude and love in my heart for all the pets that I have ever had the blessing to care for.


Cats, dogs, chickens, goats, guinea pigs, rabbits, rats and even fish and lizards.

(I can't wait to have chicken's again!)

What I have learned from my pets and our "talks" through the years has added such depth and richness to my life.

They are the true embodiment of unconditional love and honesty. (well, I'm pretty sure my fish loved me....I sure hope so :-)

For all my fellow humans that are lucky enough to have the love of a pet, I celebrate with you how lucky we are.

xoxo...Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment