Sunday, June 5, 2016

Gratitude Day 29 - Bikes





 I absolutely love riding my bike. This is a love affair that started when I was really young, and to this day, it is still one of my main gateways to exploration and adventure.

When I was four or five, I can completely remember feeling that my trike was my most prized possession. I used to love hooking my radio flyer wagon to the back of it, and I would play all day long as I rode my dolls and pets around in the wagon.



As I got older, my bike represented freedom! I could go anywhere I wanted. I felt invincible with my wheels. And when I finally turned 16 and bought my first car, I would still ride my bike as transportation and just for fun, a habit I still have today.


I love the freedom, the wind through my hair. 
I love cruising to my own set of rules as I navigate in and out of traffic. 
I love getting the feel of new of a new city or town by riding the streets, seeing the buildings and learning the lay of the land. 
I love how the ride is like a meditation and I gain so much insight from the experience. How it can help me feel better no matter my mood. 
And on top of it all, I love how the workout doesn't feel like a workout! 

I am most definitely grateful for bikes!

xoxo...Becca




No comments:

Post a Comment