Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Gratitude Day 31 - Sweet Surprises

I came home today after a particularly long day. It is such a blessing to come home to a place I love to come home to. When I walk through the door, usually the first thing I am greeted with is a hug and kiss from my boys.

As I was catching up on some things on the computer, my son walked in and handed me my sticky note pad and a pencil. "I want you to write down all of the things you would like to do with us, like a treat," he said. "I am going to put up a chart and every time you do something nice for the family, you are going to get a mom point." 

I was grinning from ear to ear as he explained to me this whole idea he had come up with as a reward system for me. 

"Then when you get three mom points, you get to pull one of the papers from the bowl." 

Yea! a raffle of fun things to do with the family!

As my heart spilled over with love and gratitude for my amazing family, I started writing down all sorts of fun things. 



Take a walk, picnic, movie night, ice cream, massage, avocado bomb at the Sushi House, free kitty snuggles all day with no interruptions, "peaches" (code for family snuggles), donuts, bike ride and the list goes on. 

He then took all my sticky notes, folded them and mixed them up in a bowl. "Alright mom, I'll be keeping track." 

(I learned that I get mom points for doing nice things, like feeding the cats, making the family food, kissing boo boo's or any other number of similar things. I got this one!)

It's moments like these when the whole world stops and all I feel is pure joy. 

It was honestly such a surprise to come home and be presented with this. 

I am so grateful for sweet surprises that make me feel so special and loved!




No comments:

Post a Comment