Monday, April 20, 2015

Top Videos For Getting Started On A Plant Based Whole Food Lifestyle


There are a multitude of roads that can bring us towards choosing to live a plant based lifestyle and it can be called many things.  I know I have used the word vegan for myself many times but I don't feel that I resonate with the term very well because there is a world of vegan foods that fall into the junk food category in my opinion.

So I would like to rewrite my vocabulary for myself and use the term:

Plant Based Whole Food Lifestyle.


There were three driving forces that have led me towards eating this way.
  1. Health
  2. Spiritual Awakening 
  3. & Compassion For Other Beings.

What ever your drive is,  knowledge is the key.


I know I've said it before and I will probably never stop, and that is that OUR BODY IS AMAZING! And what it is capable of is ours to discover.

Here is a list of videos that I found very helpful in regards to becoming food/fuel conscious.  All of these movies are available on Netflix.

Food, Inc. 


This movie really spells so much out.  Know your food!  This is one of my top recommends for just an overall awareness about what you are really eating and an awakening to being more conscious about what you put in your body as well as the lives that are given for those who eat meat.  


Forks Over Knives


Forks Over Knives takes us deeper into the health problems that our food choices have been bringing on .  This is a powerful movie to wake up to what we are being fed.  This is also on Netflix.


Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead 1 & 2


This movie really highlights the power of food to heal the body.  This film comes from a great perspective that is real and eye opening.  I really enjoyed the second film as well with all the follow up stories and the window into what it means to take just take steps towards health.   This film will leave you wanting to run a buy a juicer and start juicing for health!  


Earthlings


I wanted to add Earthlings because so many people have recommended it because more of a hard core awakening helped them.  This film was a bit too heartbreaking for me and although I am fully aware of the practices and cruelty that is happening, this is a little more that I needed to ingest for my journey.  With that, I will leave you to choose what you need to help you on your path. 


No comments:

Post a Comment