Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Gratitude Day 38 - New Choice


In the world of improvisational comedy, there is a game called "New Choice". The basic rule of the game is that during a scene, the caller can yell out "new choice", and what ever line that performer just gave, they have to say it again in a different way.

I really enjoy this concept, and Tom and I will randomly play this game together.

To me there are qualities to this game that go beyond just being a fun game to play.

I like how it really stretches the mind, its creative and it expands possibilities.

There is a concept in Clean Language that is similar. David Grove theorized that we are six degrees from our truth (the core reason for our actions), and if we ask our self the same question six times, we will get to a more honest answer.

I caught myself using the word habit today, and I immediately called out new choice on myself.  I reworded the sentence to use "I choose" instead of "habit".

Just this one simple shift in language changed so much internally. It really reframed things into a tangible place of conscious awareness to underlining belief systems.

New Choice has given me a way to break free from just saying the first thing that comes to my mind. There are no limits.

I am so grateful for the gift of new choice and all that it teaches me on so many levels.

xoxo...Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment